Saturday, January 16, 2010

Precancerous Cervical What Could Cause A Cervical Biopsy To Look Normal When It's Not?

What could cause a cervical biopsy to look normal when it's not? - precancerous cervical

I had a biopsy of the cervix in February. I did it because my Pap smear shows pre-cancerous cells. Upon my arrival in the biopsy, it turned out well, but the doctors were not convinced, since the PAP was so irregular. I will be another event next week.

What are the causes of a biopsy to look to be normal otherwise?

3 comments:

surojabu said...

Human error in the lab is the main reason. Or sample contamination. It is good that the reconstruction is just to be safe.

wildrose said...

Hello I have a biopsy as well, and I only had 1 bad pap test. I did not remove a cancer and surgery, even minor, all abnormal cells. I think they just want to be sure that all irregular Pap tests. It might be possible that the test and not simply just make sure. I want to go ahead and get it done again, just to be safe.

Tarkarri said...

Findings only on cells of the biopsy.

I suppose you get a biopsy from another area to do.

Since this is a hypothesis, it is best to your doctor about what is really going on, ask.

Post a Comment